The Poster Contest is open to public, private, and home-schooled students.
Poster Contest Entry Form
Worcester County Conservation District (WCCD) is proud to announce, the 2017 NACD (National Association of Conservation Districts) Poster Contest: “Healthy Soils are Full of Life”
The annual Poster Contest provides students from kindergarten through 12th grade the chance to have their art displayed as part of a national conservation outreach initiative. Each year, the winning posters reflect the National Association of Conservation District’s (NACD) annual Stewardship theme. These posters highlight the work of conservation districts and their state conservation associations, to protect and enhance natural resources. The contest starts at the district level; winners advance to the state level, and then to the national level, where they receive recognition at NACD’s annual meeting.
The poster contest is open to public, private, and home-schooled students.
Poster entries are due by November 10, 2017, either by mail, email in JPEG format, or we will pick up physical posters in person from your school.
By Mail – WCCD Board of Supervisors, 52 Boyden Road, Suite 107, Holden, MA 01520. By email Lisa.firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-829-4477 X5.
- Artwork entered will be judged by the WCCD Board of Supervisors. Finalists will move into the State Competition and those finalists will move into the National Competition and judged at NACD’s Annual Meeting this January in Nashville.
- Entry form- attached above
- Informational PowerPoint presentation- attached above
- Contest Rules
- Helpful Resources as educational booklets by grade and coloring book
Poster category by grade: K-1, 2-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12. The contest is open to public, private or homeschool students.
- Any media may be used, including paint, crayon, colored pencil, charcoal, stickers, paper, or other materials. The poster size must be 14″ x 22″ (half a poster).
- We accept both hand-drawn and digital posters. However, we highly encourage you to submit your entries in a digital format (photographs or scanned copies of the hand-drawn posters in a JPEG format). Photographs may be taken with any mobile device (phone, camera or tablet) and must be clear and well-framed.
- All posters must be created by an individual student, rather than a team of students.
- The 2017 Stewardship theme “Healthy Soils Are Full of Life” must be included on the front side of each poster submission to be eligible for the national poster contest.
- Each entry must be submitted to WCCD with an entry form to be eligible for judging. The form must be completed and signed by a parent or guardian.
- Although younger students will most likely receive help in planning from parents or teachers, NACD encourages each student to do their own work. Note: Entries with student handwriting and coloring will score better than those designed, drawn, and colored by adult assistance.