The Worcester County Conservation District
>Worcester County Conservation District
The Worcester County Conservation District (WCCD) is a voice for their local community, providing leadership on conservation issues and establishing priorities for conservation projects. We identify and address natural resource concerns in local communities, and coordinate public and private resources to meet local needs on a grassroots level. Our Conservation District partners with state and federal agencies such as United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and Natural Resource Conservation Services (NRCS) to deliver needed programs, education and technical assistance to their communities. WCCD is a non-funded division of state government established under state law to conserve and wisely manage resources.
- THE WCCD SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM IS OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS from students who reside and attend school in Worcester County and who are in their senior year attending a university or college in the fall of 2014. Please visit our "Scholarship" page for more details.
- Thanks to all Mini Grant applicants. The deadline has now passed and our Board of Supervisors will review applications on January 15th. All applicants will be contacted on the Boards decision after this date.
- The WCCD is stepping up it's role with sponsoring teams of 2014 MA Envirothon- See "Mass. Envirothon" page for more details.
- The WCCD is gearing up for the 2014 Seedling Sale by selecting native plantings to encourage native pollinators as bumble bees, butterflies, moths, hover flies, hummingbirds and more!
- WCCD can help your school or organization with your own Tree Seedling Fundraiser.
- Supervisor Joe Smith serves as Chairman of the State Commission, where they meet with State Officials on a quarterly basis.
2014 Seedling Sale is now closed.
Thank you for your support.
Shop through our secure webstore using Visa or MC!
Join our e-mailing list to receive updates and promotional offers!