The Worcester County Conservation District (WCCD) is a voice for their local community, providing leadership on conservation issues and establishing priorities for conservation projects. We identify and address natural resource concerns in local communities, and coordinate public and private resources to meet local needs on a grassroots level. Our Conservation District partners with state and federal agencies such as United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and Natural Resource Conservation Services (NRCS) to deliver needed programs, education and technical assistance to their communities. WCCD is a non-funded division of state government established under state law to conserve and wisely manage resources.
A Proven Track Record-WCCD:
- The WCCD Scholarship Program is in its third year offering a Scholarship to a high school senior who resides in Worcester County, Mass. See our "Scholarship" page for more details.
- Your Voice Counts! The WCCD is a Local Working Group comprised of people interested in natural resource concerns as it relates to agricultural, forests, wildlife, water, energy and more! If you are interested in voicing feedback about local natural resource concerns and how farm bill programs can help, visit "Friends of the Local Working Group" tab on how to become a "Friend"of the District. Certain incentives are available for those who participate.
- WCCD serves as a liason who coordinates informative quarterly meetings for Agricultural Commissions in the County. See our "Events" page for upcoming meetings and topics.
- WCCD sponsors and supports MA Envirothon through fundraising ideas, direct donations and volunteering.
- WCCD can help your school or organization with your own Tree Seedling Fundraiser.
- WCCD sponsors Massachusetts Agriculture in the Classroom.
- Supervisor Joe Smith serves as Chairman of the State Commission, where they meet with State Officials on a quarterly basis.
- WCCD sits on the board of Patriot RC&D Council.
2013 Seedling Sale is Closed
Thank you for our support.
Join our mailing list for notification of next year's sale HERE
2013 Scholarship applications are now being accepted through June 1, 2013. For information on how to apply visit our Scholarship page.
Attention Elementary Schools, Farm Events, Spring and Fall Fairs, Fishing Derby's...Come aboard the "WOW" Watershed on Wheels Express. A free outreach opportunity for towns located within the CT River Watershed. Visit our Events page for more info.